Rewind & Fastforward:
- Last post in January – good vibes for the year
- Go to to West Wales for research week on a film
- Come back from West Wales & commence storyboard drawing (ideas stage)
- In February, continue drawing for storyboards & characters (starting to lose bits of paper with sketches on)
- Design the programme for Time Zero Polaroid photography symposium (it turned out very lovely – more on that soon)
- Do a lot of dancing and busting some groovy moves, and then, at the height of contact improv dancing (it sounded like a good idea), injure my knee in five different ways
- Get cabin fever after two days of immobilisation (patience building exercise can never hurt?)
- Continue drawing a lot
- In March, get back to walking again and realising I have a huge list of stuff to share here.
So, here we are. Lots of interesting little bits to come, here’s a snippet from December. After out improv gig at Chapter, which I mentioned in a previous post, me and the genius of Mr Nic Finch did some improv drawing.
I’d love to do this more, just unplanned, raw drawing out of the blue (well, the blue of the mind). Here’s the final drawing:
I love Nic’s animal collective! My style is more rough and ready, with pyramid-shaped fish, a crumbling tower with a crazy jazz cats blasting out notes enjoyed by deer, and two fairytale characters having tea. Oh, and Mr Moon with mushrooms growing out of his chin.
And also, I designed a poster for the event with an otter in it. Can’t go wrong.